It is an exciting time to be at IPFW and your choice to be apart of the Mastodon family couldn't be better! We are excited to welcome you to campus and have a two-step New Student Orientation process to provide you the foundation you need to connect you with your new academic community, learn how to access important resources, have some fun, build your fall semester schedule, and get you on a successful path towards graduation!
All facets of Orientation are mandatory for first-year students (no full-time college enrollment previously) regardless of the amount of credit hours transferring to IPFW. As well, both aspects of Orientation are mandatory for transfer students who are transferring 29 or fewer credit hours to IPFW.
Orientation Step 1: Advising & Registration
To get started:
1. Activate your my.IPFW.edu account.
2. Look for an email beginning in March. This message will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain a customized link for you to register for Advising & Registration Day.
3. While you wait for your Advising & Registration Day to arrive, there are a few things you need to do:
- Complete your Writing Guided Self Placement Test (found in your Enrollment Tab on your my.IPFW.edu account)
- Schedule your Math Placement and foreign language placement tests (if required) with Testing Services.
Orientation Step 2: New Student Orientation (NSO)
The second half of Orientation is packed full of resources; your official IPFW apparel; meeting your classmates, academic personnel; obtaining your student ID card; and so much more.
NSO is Thursday-Friday, August 17-18, 2017. Mark your calendars now, request time off of work, etc., as this is a mandatory experience to begin courses here for the fall. All you need to do is bring a Government Issued photo ID and we'll do all the rest - lunches on both days included!
If you have questions at any time, please call our office 260-481-0404 or email email@example.com.