It is an exciting time to be at IPFW and your choice couldn't be better!
A student's first step toward academic success is to complete IPFW New Student Orientation. It is mandatory that all first-year students, who have completed less than 15 credit hours, attend New Student Orientation.
At New Student Orientation, students will become familiar with campus, services, facilities, and understand and recognize their rights and responsibilities in our IPFW community. Also, students will be able to identify success strategies and components of both a student/faculty and a student/advisor relationship.
In addition, students will be able to articulate their goals for their future as well as goals for their IPFW experience. At the end of our day, students will understand the constructs of graduation requirements and successfully register for first semester courses at IPFW.
We encourage students to complete New Student Orientation early for better course availability when scheduling classes.
Orientation is a multi-step process:
1. Activate your My.IPFW email address
2. Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the directions to log-on to your E-Learning account
3. Complete Online New Student Orientation (this will take you appx. 45 minutes)
Students must use Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser in order to access New Student Orientation information. A free download is found at www.mozilla.org.
4. Upon completion of the online portion, you will be directed to choose your On- Campus College Day where you will meet an advisor, register for classes, etc.
College Days are set by the major (or undeclared status) that you declared on your Admissions application. If you have changed your major since you applied, please email email@example.com with your Student ID number and your old and new major.
5. Take your reading and writing guided-self placement tests and schedule your math placement test. Tests must be completed 24 hours prior to your College Day.
6. Arrive on campus for your College Day - check-in is in Walb Union, best accessed by parking in Parking Garage 2.
7. Attend Freshmen Fest Friday, August 23, 2013 and get ready to be a Don!
If you have questions at any time, please call our office 260-481-6609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.