Travel to Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
To arrive at IPFW, you can board an international flight to a major U.S. airport such as ones in New York City, Chicago, or Detroit and take a domestic flight to Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA).
Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA) serves direct flights to and from the following cities within the United States:
| City, State
|| Airport Code
| Chicago, Illinois
| Detroit, Michigan
| Cincinnati, Ohio
| Atlanta, Georgia
| Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|| via Allegiant Air
- Please make sure to inform the Office of International Education about your travel arrangement ahead of time (at least one week before your arrival).We recommend you to purchase your ticket to fly from your home country to reach the US at one of the airports listed above.
- Ask your travel agent to add a domestic ticket from the first United States arrival airport to Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA).
- Please allow at least a 3-hour difference between your arrival to the first United States arrival airport and the domestic flight to Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA).
- Every airline is different, but generally each student is allowed a maximum of two pieces of luggage weighing 50lbs (22 kg) each (22 kg x 2) (does not include hand luggage). Please make sure to write your name and address on the labels of your luggage.
- If you will be making more than one stop in your flight/trip, make sure to write your final destination on the labels of your luggage. [Example: if you fly from Japan to Detroit and then from Detroit to Fort Wayne, you must write your final destination of Fort Wayne (FWA)].