Students With Families
The Students with Families program is free, open to all Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) students and their immediate families, and sponsored by a grant from the Indiana-Purdue Student Government Association. The evenings begin with a kid-appealing dinner followed by special programs for young children and programs for parents that are geared to the needs and interests of non-traditional students.
2012-13 Students With Families Schedule
ALL PROGRAMS IN THE WALB STUDENT UNION BALLROOM
Friday, September 21, 2012 - 6-8 p.m.
- Program for Children: Get Fit Challenge: Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Program for Parents: Financial Aid - Question and Answer Session with Gerald Curd, Interim Director, Financial Aid Office
Friday, October 26, 2012 - 6-8 p.m.
- Program for Children: Madeline's Toybox - Rock 'n Roll Band for Kids
- Program for Parents: "Managing Stress when You're Overwhelmed," Judy Tillapaugh, Director, Wellness and Fitness, IPFW
Friday, November, 9, 2012 - 6-8 p.m.
- Program for Children: "Animals from the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo"
- Program for Parents: Career PLnanning in Uncertain Economic Times" Office of Career Services, IPFW.
Friday, February 15, 2013 - 6 -8 p.m.
- Program for Children: "Stories and Dance in the African-American Tradition," Chief Condra Ridley and Diane Rogers
- Program for Parents: Gardening for Busy, Stressed-Out People," Ricky Kemery, Extension Educator, Purdue-Allen County Extension Office
Friday, March 15, 2013 - 6 - 8 p.m.
- Program for Children: "Fun with Science," Science Center, Fort Wayne
- Program for Parents: "Studying Wisely and Well," Greg Anderson, Associate Director, First Year Experience, IPFW
Friday, April 19, 2013 - 6 - 8 p.m.
- 5th Annual Students with Families Carnival for Children of All Ages
All programs are free, but reservations are required. Call 260-481-6029 or email email@example.com with reservations.