Diplomas are prepared in the registrar's office.
How do I get my diploma?
- December and summer session graduates will receive a green post card in the mail (10-12 weeks following the end of classes) letting them know their diploma is available and ready to pick up in the registrar's office, KT 107.
- May graduates who participate in the Commencement ceremony will receive their diploma immediately following Commencement. Diplomas for May grads who do not attend Commencement will be available in the registrar's office, KT 107, beginning the Monday after Commencement (May 20).
All students will be asked to show a photo ID when picking up their diploma.
Can my diploma be mailed to me?
- If you live outside Allen county, you can request that your diploma be mailed to you.
- Diplomas are sent via UPS "signature required upon delivery" so they cannot be sent to a post office box.
- You need to provide a written and signed request to have your diploma mailed. In your letter please include your full name, your student I.D. number, a daytime phone number, mention the specific degree awarded, the date or semester in which your degree was awarded and the complete street mailing address you'd like your diploma sent to, along with your original verifiable signature.
Can someone else pick up my diploma for me?
- Yes, under certain circumstances, someone else can pick up your diploma for you. The green post card you receive in the mail has an option which you can check and sign allowing someone else to pick up your diploma. The designated individual must provide the signed post card when picking up the diploma.
How will my name appear on my diploma?
- Your name (first, middle/maiden, and last, as provided upon admission to the university) will appear on your diploma and in the commencement program copy. You will receive a candidate letter from the Registrar's Office listing the way your name will appear. May graduates receive their letters in February.
- If you need to check to see how your name will appear, you may email Amy Betz. Be sure to include your student I.D. number and your degree information in the email.
- Changes in your name must be done in person in the registrar's office in Kettler Hall, Room 107. A photo ID and supporting documents (original marriage license, divorce decree) are required for any changes.
- Diplomas for May graduates will be ordered by March 8 so all name changes must be done before that date.
Personnel in the registrar's office, 260–481–6122, will answer questions concerning diplomas, or email Amy Betz.