IPFW's Commencement Ceremony will be held Wednesday, May 15, 2013, in the Memorial Coliseum. We will try to answer your questions. If you don't find what you need to know, email us and we will find the answer for you. But first check out the column at the left or look below and see if we've got the information you need.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Students who completed their degree in December 2012
- Tentative May 2013 candidates
- Tentative summer 2013 candidates
Where do you get tickets?
- No tickets are required for guests and there is no limit to the number of guests you may invite.
- Students must purchase their cap and gown so Academic Ceremonies staff know they plan to participate in the ceremony.
How long does the ceremony last?
- The student and faculty processional will begin at 4 p.m. The ceremony lasts about two hours, and the recessional begins around 6:30 p.m.
Is there a rehearsal for students?
- There is no student rehearsal. Detailed instructions concerning the ceremony will be sent to students after they purchase their cap and gown.
What if you need special accommodations?
- If you have disabilities requiring special accommodations, or if your guests include people with disabilities who wish to request special accommodations, please contact the Academic Ceremonies office at least two weeks prior to Commencement so appropriate arrangements can be made.
What happens after the ceremony?
- Diplomas for May graduates will be distributed immediately following the ceremony.