Interested in representing your class at the 2013 IPFW Commencement Ceremony?
- IPFW graduates have the opportunity to apply for the role of class representative at the 2013 IPFW Commencement Ceremony. The class representative has the honor of welcoming new graduates into the IPFW Alumni Association at the May 15 Commencement Ceremony.
What does it mean to be the class representative?
- The class representative will have the distinction of entering the Commencement Ceremony with the platform party and being seated on stage.
- They will give the induction, which will be fully scripted and will not need to be memorized, into the IPFW Alumni Association.
- The class representative will join their fellow graduates during the portion of the ceremony when the graduates are introduced so their name will be read with their school and they will receive their diploma from the appropriate dean.
How is the class representative chosen?
- The selection committee will choose one class representative based on their academic achievement, involvement with campus activities, and personal interview. Candidates will be screened on the basis of the application form and finalists will be asked to meet personally with the selection committee.
How do I apply?
- Interested students must be eligible to participate in the 2013 Commencement Ceremony (degree requirements completed by December 2012, May 2013, or intend to do so during the summer of 2013) and must complete an application form. This form [PDF] can be submitted on line or printed and turned in to the academic ceremonies office no later than March 11. Applicants can also pick up a paper application form at the information desk in Kettler Hall.
Please direct questions to Marianne Messmann, coordinator of Academic Ceremonies, at 260-481-6460.