Department of Mathematical Sciences
Welcome to the Mathematical Sciences department at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. The Mathematical Sciences Department is housed within the College of Arts and Sciences. Our goal is to open students' minds to the utility of the mathematical sciences and to develop their understanding, problem solving ability, and analytical thinking skills. Along with these main skills the department strives to train and educate its students in the tools, methods and strategies of solving real world problems.
Thank you for visiting our Web site!
News for 2011-13:
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: Saturday, April 27, 2013.
- Photos from the 2013 MathCounts Event at IPFW
- Colloquium: John Erik Fornæss, University of Michigan Emeritus, Exposing Points. Jan. 23, 2013. Photo Page
- Welcome to new Assistant Professor Yuan Zhang, and congratulations on being awarded a National Science Foundation grant to support her research in mathematics!
- Congratulations to the IPFW team of three undergraduates on placing Third in the 2012 Indiana College Mathematics Competition!
- MIGHTY LI graph theory conference at IPFW, April 15-16, 2011.
- This web site for our department was under construction during Fall 2010 - Spring 2012. There may be still be some bugs or broken links due to the transition. Contact a member of the department's Technology committee to report problems, make suggestions for our new site, or discuss Web Accessibility issues.