Professor, Associate Dean in Engineering, Technology & Computer Science
- Office: ET 243A
- Office Hours:
- Phone: 260-481-6418
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Ed.D., Ball State University, 1991, Adult and Community Education
- M.A., University of South Florida, 1981, Communication
- BAC, Bowling Green State University, 1979, Communication
Career development, leadership development, work experiences of hourly employees, and ethics in human resource development
- Hite, L. M. & McDonald, K.S. (2012). Career counseling for Millennials: Practitioner's perspectives. In Ng E.,Lyons, S. & Schweitzer, L. (Eds.) Managing the new workforce: International perspectives on the millennial generation (204-221). Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar.
- Hatcher, T. & McDonald, K. S. (2011). Creating and publishing non-refereed manuscrits; How to Write editorial and book reviews. In T. Rocco & T. Hatcher Eds. Demystifying the writing and publishing process: A guide for emerging scholars. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L. M.(2010). Diversity in the HRD curriculum: Concluding thoughts and next steps. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 12(3), 385-391.
- Hite, L. M. & McDonald K. S.( 2010). Perspectives on HRD and diversity education. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 12(3), 283-294.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (2008). Creating a career culture: Connection and collaboration. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development, 22(2), http://education.fiu.edu/newhorizons.
- Hite, L.M. & McDonald, K.S. (2008). A new era for career development and HRD. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 10(1), 3-7.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (2008). The next generation of career success: Implications for HRD. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 10(1), 86-103.
- Hite, L.M. & McDonald, K.S. (2006). Diversity training pitfalls and possibilities: An exploration of small and midsize U.S. organizations. Human Resource Development International, 9(3), 365-377.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (2005). Reviving the relevance of career development in human resource development. Human Resource Development Review, 4(4), 418-439.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (2005) Ethical issues in mentoring: The role of HRD. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 7(4), 569-582.
- Hite, L.M. & McDonald, K.S. (2003). Career aspirations of non-managerial women: Adjustment and adaptation. Journal of Career Development, 29(4), 221-235.
- McDonald, K.S., Hite, L.M. & Gilbreath, B. (2002). Non salaried U.S. employees’ careers: An exploratory study. Career Development International, 7(7). 398-406.
- McDonald, K.S. & Mansour-Cole, D. (2000). Change requires intensive care: An experiential exercise for learners in university and corporate settings. Journal of Management Education, 24(1): 127-148.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (1999). Human resource development’s role in women’s career progress. In L. Bierema (ed.), Women's career development across the life span: Insights and strategies for women, organizations, and adult educators (pp. 53-62) New directions for adult and continuing education: Vol. 80, San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
Prior Work Experience
Corporate trainer for a healthcare organization and newspaper publisher
OLS 34200 - Interviewing Strategies in Organizations
OLS 49600 - Leading Change: Theory & Practice
OLS 47400 - Conference Leadership
OLS 58700 - Developing a Leadership Philosophy
OLS 59000 - Capstone
Return to OLS Faculty & Staff Alphabetical Directory