The International Language and Culture Studies Language Lab is located on the Second Floor of the Liberal Arts Bldg. in room 258. The Language Lab is designed to help students practice their language skills. The lab is a space where students can listen to music, read books and magazines, study, play games, converse, and use other multimedia resources.
The lab hours are:
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.//4:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.//4:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Friday - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Click on one of the languages below for learning resources:
This lab allows you to use many different resources on your own, including:
- Computer-assisted instruction. Computer lessons are available in French, German, and Spanish, on grammar and vocabulary. In addition to our own IPFW lessons, the 12 computers offer Internet access, CD-ROM programs, and word processor programs with foreign language grammar and spell checkers.
- Music. A CD player is available for special use, e.g., special music tapes.
- Games and puzzles may be used in the conversation area in room 258. The games are in the cabinets and must be returned to the cabinets when finished. We have Monopoly and Scrabble in several languages and Cranium in Spanish.
- DVDs are also available for your use. We have several DVDs in the bookshelf near the listening station. The DVDs have cultural information, grammar, and entertainment programs in various languages. The DVDs can only be played on the two new Dell computers.
- Conversation. In the conversation area students may watch programs as a group, play games, or have conversations all in the target language!
- The Web. On the Language Lab web page students can find links to music videos, newspapers and magazines, museums, videos, and a wealth of other internet resources to help in practicing language skills. Simply click on the links above.
If you have further questions or comments, please email the Lab Director at email@example.com