Mission, Goals & Outcomes
The IPFW Department of Medical Imaging and Radiologic Sciences
is committed to preparing highly qualified medical imaging
technologists by integrating an outstanding baccalaureate
academic education with a comprehensive clinical experience.
Program Goals for Student Learning
- Students will communicate effectively in the health care setting.
- Students will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will model professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate clinical competence.
A graduate of the program will be able to:
- Exercise effective interpersonal communication skills with patients.
- Apply effective interdisciplinary communication skills.
- Execute logical procedural variations for non-routine situations.
- Evaluate radiographic image quality.
- Exhibit the professional responsibilities of medical imaging technologists.
- Engage in self-development related to professional practice.
- Demonstrate clinical procedural proficiency.
- Utilize radiation safety practices.