Early Childhood Education
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
IPFW is proud to offer the only Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education degree in Northeast Indiana. Our program meets all T.E.A.C.H. requirements and students may receive substantial scholarships to complete their education! This bachelor-completion program builds on information gained and courses completed during your associate's degree program and is widely supported by local leaders in early childhood education programs.
What does it mean to be an early childhood educator?
Early Childhood Educators:
- Care for and educate all children, those with and without diverse learning and delevopmental needs
- Promote the development of the whole child: socially, emotionally, and physically
- Explore reading, writing, and science in ways young children can understand
- Help young children acquire social skills, emotional understanding, and self-regulation
- Observe and communicate with family members to make decisions about the learning and development of young children based on current child development research
If you want to make a difference in the lives of infants, toddlers, and young children, the B.S. in Early Childhood Education (ECE) may be for you! This degree is a bachelor-completion program. In other words, it is designed for individuals who already hold an Associate's degree in ECE. For more information on program requirements, please click on one of the program options below. If you are interested in working with both younger and older children and would like to complete a 4-year program at IPFW, please visit our Elementary Education program page.
The B-5 degree is a non-licensure option that provides a strong foundation for working with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Persons completing this degree often work in the following settings:
- Child Care centers
- Head Start
- Early Head Start
When fully completed, the P-3 degree option can lead to a teaching license in preschool, kindergarten, and primary grades through the Indiana Department of Education. Persons completing this degree option may work in:
- Elementary or Primary Schools