K200, K211, K212 Test Out Information
Student Test-Out Procedures for
K2xx Series Courses
Below are the instructions are for students who are planning to take the Test-Out Exams for any or all of the following computer courses: the K200, Computer Literacy; the K211, Spreadsheets for Business; and/or the K212, Introduction to Database Management.
The electronic tests are administered by the IPFW Testing Services, Kettler Hall in room 232. You MUST pre-register to take the tests by calling (260) 481-6600 or by stopping at the Testing Center Office. Student identification (ID) and a picture ID are required when checking in to take the test(s). Note: no tests are given the week of finals.
Steps required for taking the tests
- Schedule your test date and time with the Testing Center FIRST.
- Contact the Doermer School of Business Student Success Center AT LEAST 48 hours prior to your test date to obtain an Access Code and Registration Instructions on how to complete a student profile for the Pearson’s MyItLab software.
Email email@example.com with your Name, Student ID Number, Major, and Test Date when requesting an access code. If you have questions, you can call the Student Success Center at 260-481-6472.
NOTE: Once you have activated the Access Code, the code is valid for 15 days only, so it is extremely important that you complete your test within the 15 day period.
- READ the registration instructions PRIOR to attempting to register for the MyItLab software.
- The registration process MUST be completed PRIOR to going to the Testing Center.
- Once the registration is completed, RECORD your user name and password information and BRING that information to the Testing Center on your testing day. The Testing Center Staff Assistants WILL NOT have access to your user name and password.
You MUST score at least 70% on a test to be exempted from taking the formal course. The test is graded electronically at the time you take it, and you will be notified of your score by the Testing Center Staff Assistant when you are finished. Should you NOT score a 70%, you can enroll in the course or re-take the test again in six (6) months.